photo 3am_home_1_zpsd47b2810.png photo 3am_MJ_1_zpsdb43188f.png photo 3am_TS_1_zps32b65946.png photo 3am_NL_1_zps4f84c04a.png

More Math Tubs pics -- Set-Up and Rotation

A few days ago I posted about some of my math tubs. If you missed that post - you can see it HERE.  I received several questions about where I keep my math tubs and how they are set-up, rotated, etc. I promised to return with a few pics.....so here I am.

Here is my Math Tubs shelf.....I have 10 math tubs which is perfect with 20 kiddos. They work in partners during math tub time. I am uber anal when it comes to my shelf and all the numbered tubs must be turned where we can see the number. It's great for teaching number id to 10 and number order early in the year.  Also each lid has a matching number so we can make sure each tub has it's correct lid.



This is my center chart. You can see there are 2 kids that work together as partners. The purple cards are literacy centers and the blue cards are my math tub cards. I love using one chart - it's all right there in one spot! The number 1-10 corresponds to the math tubs themselves. (Yes they are out of order :0) I teach the kids to simply rotate the math tubs by removing the bottom card on the lower right side - and rotating all other cards down one.....then the "holding card" goes at the top left side. It's a super simple, easy way to rotate. I teach the kids to do this so even when there's a sub - centers and math tub run smoothly. I choose 2 kids to rotate -- one is the "holder" and holds the "holding card" so it doesn't get mixed in with the others. The other kid is the "rotator" and rotates the cards. :0) Creative names I know :0)


Here is what our math tubs shelf looks like when the math tubs are in use. As you can see here, we had a couple kiddos out sick today (flu) so tub #10 is still in there. The bottom tubs contain manipulatives and other math tub items not currently in use.


Here are some "live action shots" of my kids during math tub time today. :0) You can see they are allowed to choose a spot to work as long as it isn't too close to another group. They do such a good job! We work on learning about boundaries early on in the year. If you put both arms out, you shouldn't be able to touch anyone except your partner.




How do you organize your math tubs?


11 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I do except that I have a different chart for my Literacy centers. Otherwise the same. It is my first year to try this and it is working really well. I love it when there are many different activities going on in the room. The sweet buzz of happy workers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I do except that I have a different chart for my Literacy centers. Otherwise the same. It is my first year to try this and it is working really well. I love it when there are many different activities going on in the room. The sweet buzz of happy workers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I do except that I have a different chart for my Literacy centers. Otherwise the same. It is my first year to try this and it is working really well. I love it when there are many different activities going on in the room. The sweet buzz of happy workers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are all the kids doing tubs or do you pull groups to work with?
    Sarah
    Mackey'sClassroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do something similar except that I have my literacy and math on separate charts. And I have my center tubs in two different places to avoid congestion :)
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! What do you put in each tub? Do you put items in them that are for review or do you put in items currently working on the standards for the week?

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great! When in your day do you use these?
    ann
    Thecaffeinatedclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah I do pull for acceleration during this time. but I have all kids assigned to a math tub in case there a little something I have to take care of. Plus I put kids at different levels together for math tubs so I pull individually from those groups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is perfectly organized! I gotta work on that!

    Best,
    Ramon
    Fonts 4 Teachers
    Fonts 4 Teachers in TPT


    ReplyDelete