photo 3am_home_1_zpsd47b2810.png photo 3am_MJ_1_zpsdb43188f.png photo 3am_TS_1_zps32b65946.png photo 3am_NL_1_zps4f84c04a.png

Gingery Christmas Ornaments


Do your ornaments smell like Christmas? Well mine do! I found this great little tutorial on McCormick's website and decided to try it with my own kiddos. It worked great, but I made a couple of changes that worked better for me.

Here is the original post on McCormick's site. It has a video too which was really nice to watch.

   

Only problem is the plastic wrap didn't work well for me so I'll show you what I did.

Items Needed: 
applesauce - 3/4 cup
ground cinnamon - 4oz 
white glue - 1 tsp
small bowl
wax paper (plastic wrap didn't work well for me)
rolling pin
straw
cookie sheet
thin ribbon and paint


Directions:
Mix the applesauce and ground cinnamon together well. 


Add in 1 tsp of white glue and mix. You want the mix to be firm and pretty dry (but not overly dry). If the mix is sticky, add more cinnamon.


 Place the mixture on a large piece of wax paper.


Cover the mixture with another large piece of wax paper. Roll it flat with a rolling pin. 


Use Christmas cookie cutters to make shapes.



Oh, and of course you need a hole at the top to put a ribbon through for a hanger. Use a straw to cut a hole at the top of each ornament. Reagan loves to blow our the mixture that got stuck in the end of the straw each time. 


And here they are...duh du duh!!!! Of course they still need some paint and other decorations. :)



And here are the finished ornaments. You can actually use puffy paints to decorate. We decided to leave them plain so they actually look like gingerbread cookies... And oh my gosh! They smell truly amazing!.....just like Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment