Can you see it sitting on its side? Then create the face of the alligator/crocodile out of fun foam. Ohhh....it's a cutie!
Now, what can you do with it?
These pictures show using it for letter/sound identification . Basically a child pulls out a letter and says the name of the letter or the sound it makes. I can think of a million and one things to use this little darling for....
1. practice reading word wall words
2. number identification or addition/subtraction facts
3. deciding who will be the leader of the day or some other job
4. choosing a name to answer a question during read aloud or other time
5. pull a little toy (from Lakeshore Learning) and kids tell which sound/letter it begins with or name another word that begins like it
6. pull a little toy or picture card and segment
These are activities I can think of just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are even better uses.....