***Flashlight Word Wall***
Turn off all the lights, hand a child a flashlight. The child choose a word wall word as the whole class recites this poem:
"Flashlight, flashlight, oh so bright.Shine on a word with all your light!"Kids can read the word then "Snap and Clap".
1. You can either use index cards (or cute diecuts) with word wall words printed on them or simply write various word wall words on a board.
2. Give 2 kids an eraser. Call out a word wall word and then kids "race" to erase that word wall word. The first one to erase correct word gets to choose the next person to compete.
1. Print a different word wall word on a set of Jenga blocks (one www per block).
2. Kids build a Jenga tower.
3. They play Jenga like normal except as they pull out a block they must read the block.
4. The one with the most Jenga blocks at the end wins (although in kinder I really try not to focus on competition).
1. Make a set of word wall words(WWW) on index cards. On the back of the card, assign points (1, 2, or 3)
2. Kids take turn reading a word. If correct, they choose that number of unifix cubes and stack them in a tower.For example, if they read a word with a number 3 on back - they stack 3 unifix cubes into a tower.